Third Week of Advent
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday & Thursday, March 24 & 25, 2021
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
One priest available each night
And don't forget about...
11:30 am and 4:00 pm
Every First Saturday
also at 9:15 am
Called to Greatness
Called to Greatnes, a.k.a, CTG
Called to Greatness is The St Mary Youth Group for 9-12th grades. We share fun, games and faith, to deepen our own relationship with Christ.
Will return eventually!
Join your fellow parishioners after the Extraordinary Form Mass for an extraordinary potluck! Held the 3rd Sunday of every month, (unless otherwise announced,) after the 5:00pm Mass. Food may be dropped off in Fatima Hall before Mass.
First Fridays Devotion
Mass: 6:30am, 8:30am, & 10:30am (during the school year)
Devotion to the Sacred Heart has two elements: consecration and reparation:
We consecrate ourselves to the Sacred Heart by acknowledging Him as Creator and Redeemer and as having full rights over us as King of Kings, by repenting, and by resolving to serve Him.
We make reparations for the indifference and ingratitude with which He is treated and for leaving Him abandoned by humanity.
To carry out these general goals of consecration and reparation, there are quite specific devotions authorized by the Church.
Specific devotions became even more popularized when St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690), a Visitation nun, had a personal revelation involving a series of visions of Christ as she prayed before the Blessed Sacrament. She wrote, "He disclosed to me the marvels of his Love and the inexplicable secrets of his Sacred Heart." Christ emphasized to her His love -- and His woundedness caused by Man's indifference to this love.
He promised that, in response to those who consecrate themselves and make reparations to His Sacred Heart:
- He will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- He will establish peace in their homes.
- He will comfort them in all their afflictions.
- He will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
- He will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
- Sinners will find in His Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- He will bless every place in which an image of His Heart is exposed and honored.
- He will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in His Heart.
- In the excessive mercy of His Heart that His all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in His disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. His divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
The devotions attached to these promises are:
- Receiving Communion frequently
- First Fridays: going to Confession and receiving the Eucharist on the first Friday of each month for nine consecutive months. Many parishes will offer public First Friday devotions; if they do, you must perform First Fridays publicly. If it isn't so offered in your parish, you can do this privately, going to Confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering your prayers for the intention of the Holy Father.
- Holy Hour: Eucharistic Adoration for one hour on Thursdays ("Could you not watch one hour with me?"). Holy Hour can be made alone or as part of a group with formal prayers.
- Celebrating of the Feast of the Sacred Heart (see below)
( Information from https://www.fisheaters.com/sh.html )
First Saturdays Devotion
We celebrate Our Lady of Fatima each First Saturday. The devotion begins with reciting the Rosary and other prayers at 8:00 am followed by Mass at 8:30 am. Additional Fatima prayers and a procession will follow Mass at approx. 9:10 am.
On Dec 10, 1925 Our Lady appeared to Servant of God, Sister Lucia of Fatima and spoke these words: "Announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for the salvation of their soulds, all those who onthe first Saturday of five consecutive moths shall:
- Go to Confession
- Receive Holy Communion
- Recite the Rosary (5 decades)
- Keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the 15 mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me"
In a spirit of reparation, the above conditions are each to be proceeded by the words: "In reparation for the offensive committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary." Confessions may be made 8 days before or after the First Saturday, and Holy Communion may be received at either the morning or the evening Mass on the First Saturday.